Fresh man coordinators
Abdurkadir Edeo Gemeda |Fresh Man Natural Science Coordinator|
Name: Abdurkadir Edeo Gemeda
Academic Rank: Lecturer
College: Natural Science
Stream: Natural Science
Ashanafi |Fresh Man Social Science Coordinator|
Freshman Natural Science Students Coordinator respects and values all the efforts done by the respective Colleges Deans, Department Heads, Common Course Coordinators and the academic staffs handling common courses to freshman natural science students and to all bodies supporting freshman program office to meet its desired goal and objectives.
Freshman students are only taking common courses in the 1st year, they do not have colleges or department to which they belong until they begin the 2nd year. Therefore, Freshman Program needs full collaboration and team work of all colleges and departments, and all academic and administrative units in the university.
I greatly hope that our shared efforts will bring change at the grass roots. Let’s us join together to bring synergy and great results.
1) Request the corresponding departments for the assignment of the instructors for each freshman courses and ensure that instructors are assigned for each freshman courses.
2) Prepare academic time table, disseminate them and follow up their proper utilization.
3) Report and take a corrective measures at the time of misleading implementation of academic time table.
4) Directs the planning, implementation, and assessment of teaching-learning activities of the program
5) Promotes the enhancement of the quality and relevance of teaching in the program.
6) Prepares and facilitates tutorials for female students and low learner students.
7) Prepares or causes to be prepared plans, programs and budgets for the activities of the program and closely supervises the implementation of approved plans, programs and budgets.
8) Creates conducive atmosphere for the expansion of academic efforts in the program.
9) Prepares relevant information on the teaching capabilities of the program and disseminates the same.
10) Assigns an academic advisor for each sections of 1st year students to help them in their education; and advisors for senior essays or projects and examiners for the same.
11) Supervises the proper use of resources within the program.
12) Keeps or ensures the keeping of proper evaluation and academic records of students of the program.
13) Prepare Invigilators schedule, supervise the conduct and invigilation of examination.
14) Shall conduct meeting of the program with common course instructors where appropriate.
15) Carries out other relevant tasks assigned to him by the academic affairs directorate director.
The main objective of the Freshman Program is to encourage all students in acquiring academic competencies by providing them with necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes for safe university experiences and successful academic achievement.