- POSTGRADUATE (PG) PROGRAM OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM
The program is specially designed to produce highly competent graduates who possess the required managerial and technical know-how to successfully manage the value chain that links the acquisition of resources, transformation and delivering of value created to end users. Hence, the aim is equipping students how to build an effective supply-chain management system along the value chain that benefit suppliers, facilitators, organizations, customers and the society at large. The program is also designed to produce graduates who play a significant role in transforming the existing traditional independent business practices into integrated value chain business system which ultimately leads to economic supremacy at country level.
The specific objectives of the program include:
- To enable graduates who will have a significant role in Ethiopia’s economic, social and political endeavors by equipping them with necessary supply chain management knowledge.
- To contribute vital role for the development of the emerging profession in Supply Chain Management in Ethiopia.
- Upgrading the role of graduate to be engaged more in strategic and tactical supply chain decisions instead of routine and traditional store and buying activities
- Meeting organizations’ labor need who specialized in major functions along the material flow
- Supporting organizations’ endeavor to become internationally competitive
- Establishing a business system and practices that enable to add more value in each Birr an organization or individual citizen spend on resources
- Enable students acquire the necessary communication and analytical skills, culture of inquisitiveness, critical thinking, innovation and creativity that enhance their capabilities to benefit from their specialized training
- To enable students conversant with Supply Chain Information Technology and able to apply the technology wherever it deemed
- To nurture the positive attitude towards changes to be introduced in an organization responding to the dynamic nature of its environment instead of being resistant to it
- To meet the strong demand for civil logisticians who will work in public, business and non-government local and international agencies in Ethiopia.
- To produce qualified and competent supply chain/value chain/experts who help organizations design their supply chain in the order fulfillment cycle.
- To produce supply chain /logistics professionals who can prove their competency as a logistics/supply chain manager candidate in the market.
- MAJOR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Distribution Manager
- Fleet Operations Manager
- Logistics Manager/Analyst
- Inventory Management
- Loss Prevention Manager
- Operations Research Analyst
- Production and Expediting Manager
- Purchasing/procurement Manager
- Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Manager
- Storage and Distribution Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Warehouse Management
- Port operation Manager & Consultant in LSCM area
- 2.1.3. DEGREE NOMENCLATURE
“MASTER OF ARTS DEGREE IN LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT”የአርትማስተርስዲግሪበሎጅስቲክሰእናሰፕላይቼይንማኔጅመንት