Massage from Internal Audit Director
Welcome to the Website of Arsi University. These pages provide information on the Directorate and the service we offer. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information.
Arsi University Audit Directorate
Internal Audit authority and mandate is derived from Arsi University Board. Its functions, activities and operations are defined in an audit The University Board by policy establishes and supports Internal Audit as an independent appraisal function to examine and evaluate University activities, operations as a service to management of Arsi University.
The University Internal Audit Directorate is one of the directorate offices under the president office of the Aesi University in order to accomplishes the overall activities of Audit works through assurance, consulting, risk assessing and for the improvement of value adding.
The University recognizes that “to audit” means based on consulting the concerned responsible and accountable parties, risk assessing and indicating the problems to take managerial measures, assuring financial and performance documents and for the improvement of value adding based services as per the Laws and Regulations of the FDRE Government.
Internal Audit Vision and Mission
Vision: – To be a leader in the provision of objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve operations to assure the efficiency and success of Arsi University.
Mission: – To add value to overall organizational performance by providing quality auditing services that result in reduced costs, gains in operational efficiencies and strengthened internal controls.
Value of the Directorate
- Assurance of financial and Complains documents, consultancies and Asset Management.
- Serving the University and Government sincerely, genuinely and caring out activities efficiently and effectively.
Objectives of the Directorate
- Assurance and Consulting
- Adding value and Improving
- Improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance process.
- Serving the Institute accomplish its overall objectives
- Review and assess the functioning of systems, processes and controls.
- Identify, assess and evaluate risks affecting achieving University objectives.
- Appraise the economy and efficiency with which resources are allocated and utilized
- Review compliance with applicable policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with External Auditors in the areas above.
- To employ, develop and retain well qualified experienced and motivated audit staff.
The extent and frequency of audits depends upon varying circumstances such as results of previous audits, relative risks associated with activities, requests from Management and resources availability.
The Internal Audit function
- Internal auditing is an objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve university systems, processes and controls. It is independent of any management functions or Officers and has access through the Audit staff to the President of the University if required.
- Auditing personnel must have an in depth knowledge of standard practices in the areas under review.
- Auditing personnel must have access to all necessary data to form conclusions about the area under review.
- Auditing personnel must be aware of explicit guidelines in the area under review as well as the specific communications to those being audited.
- Personnel being audited must be provided a detailed review of the conclusions of any audit and be given an opportunity to appeal any disagreements to a party other than that conducting the audit.
- Institutional personnel must have faith in the integrity of the audit and of the officials directing the audit.
The major activities of the University Internal Auditor are to:
- Ensure adherence of the University to Internal Audits Standards of the Government of Ethiopia including University policies and procedures;
- Supervise and lead the internal audit activities of the University;
- Develop a flexible annual audit plan using an appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by the management, and submit the plan to the President for review and approval as well as periodic updates;
- Implement the annual audit plan, as approved, including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by the University management;
- Implement entrance conference and exit conference at the beginning and the end of the engagement respectively according to the approved audit plan;
- Arrange consultation forums for internal audit auditors on audit programs, field work and draft audit findings;
- Ensure advice on and approval of the audit reports of internal auditors and ensure that for each audit carried out there is a final audit report;
- Report audit findings to the President and to the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development Audit directorate;
- Consult with management of the University on internal audit and internal control;
- Maintain a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the requirements of the University; and
- Perform other duties as directed by the President.
The Internal Audit Department is available to provide a variety of services to the University community. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding specific policies and procedures employed by your department, we encourage you to contact us. Contact us: – Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 0223317826