College of Education and Behavioral Science
Department of Educational Leadership and Management
Name of the Department: Educational Leadership and Management
Degree Nomenclature: Bachelor of Arts in Educational Planning and Management
Period of study: 4 years for Regular
To be Leading East African and Recognized in the World by 2033
the program is aimed to produce democratic, visionary, innovative, change-oriented, and professionally committed educational planners and managers with major competencies (e.g. planning, management, leadership, monitoring, evaluation and research, technology use in management) that can hold leadership responsibilities under decentralized educational contexts.
Graduate’s Profile, Advanced Stu dying or Future Career
After the completion of the program, the graduates of Educational leadership will be able to:
- Understand constitutional provisions, educational policies, strategies and related legislations
- Prepare and execute educational plans and projects
- Organize continuous and professional development programs
- Mobilize resources from the local community and other stakeholders.
- Provide instructional leadership in the area of curriculum implementation,
- Promote community involvement by establishing a strong link with the local communities
- Initiate and manage educational innovations and changes.
- Conduct educational research and training need assessment
- Monitor and evaluate educational programs and projects at the various levels
- Apply current technologies for educational management
- Apply knowledge of federal and regional state policies and other regulatory provisions governing education.
Programs Under the Department
PhD by research in Educational Leadership and Policy Study
MA in Educational Leadership
MA in Human Resource and Organization Development
MA in School Leadership
BA in Educational Planning and Management
Students intending to pursue their postgraduate study can choose Educational Planning, Educational Leadership, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Policy Study, and MBA.
|Public organization||Private organization||Self-employed|
|Regional and Federal Ministry of Education officesFederal, Regional, Zonal, and Woredas Civil Service CommissionUniversities Leadership InstitutesZonal Education officeZone Administrative OfficeWoreda Education Office Woreda Administrative officeAny level of Planning office||Private Universities,Save the Children,UNICEF,UNESCO,SOS VILLAGE, and Any NGO that works on Education||School OwnerPrivate College Owner Private Universities Owner|
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to Change the WORLD”
Nelson Mandela, Leader