Darwin Azaga Hasana
Mobile phone number 0911044789
ICDE DIRECTOR DIRECTORATE
Name Darwin Azaga Hasana
Acadamic Rank Lecturer
Continuing and Distance Education Institute in Arsi University, refers to all programs
provided outside the regular full-time day program. Instruction in Continuing Education
includes provision in Evening, Week-end, and summer and winter in-service, Distance and through electrical means of learning. Seminars and workshops which are provided to working adults and to those who, for various reasons are unable to be enrolled in regular programs, are forms of Continuing and Distance Education program.
Functions of CDEI
The main aim of CDEI is to increase access to education & reach out the public at large
ICDE shall place excellence in the pursuit of the University’s three-pronged mission:
education, research, and community services. It shall make use of credit and non-credit. Courses or alternative methods of knowledge transfer to enable students to become more competitive in employment and personal enrichment through the use of innovative technology and quality customer service.
It is the function of Continuing and Distance Education Institute to identify the educational needs of the population and to make provisions to meet these needs by proposing, in consultation and full cooperation with the appropriate College, programs leading to University degrees and diplomas and organizing certificate programs, lectures, and related activities through the use of appropriate media.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Continuing and Distance Education Institute Director is responsible for:
- Prepare a strategic plan for continuing and distance education of the university by
identifying the educational needs of the public and the private sector
- The programming of short term & midterm planning and monitoring of these plans
compliance of all regulations regarding Continuing and Distance Education
- Establishing and operating plans which allow continuing and distance education to be
self-supporting and assuring the quality of Continuing and Distance Education Institute
- The planning, submission and execution of budgets and human resources for the
continuing and distance education division.
- Coordinating the University distance and continuing education in collaboration with the
- Processing and effecting payments as per the request of College and the financial laws.
- Expand services and promote innovative approaches to reach traditionally under-served
populations, including adult learners;
- Develop collaborative programs with the business community, industry, government
agencies, and non-profit corporations to enhance socio-economic development and the
quality of life;
- Design specialized programs of studies specifically tailored to the needs of stakeholders
of Continuing and Distance Education;
- Design policy for recruitment of academic, research, and support staff for Continuing and Distance Education;
- Work on admission policy, internal and external transfer from/to continuing, and distance
education credit, non-credit and short term training programs;
- Facilitate the launching of graduate programs of study within the Continuing and
Distance Education Program in collaboration with the Director of Graduate Studies
- Revise and update from time to time the rate of tuition fee to provide quality service at
affordable fees and means of revenue generation for the university;
- Develop partnerships both within the University and beyond to discharge its duties and