The general objective of the program is to train and produce well qualified and efficient Afaan Oromoo and Literature professionals who are capable of working in different institutions.
Afaan Oromoo and Literature and graduates are expected to
- comprehend, analyze, review, and interpret different Afaan Oromoo texts
- teach Afaan Oromoo and literature primarily in high schools if they take PGDT3 courses
- provide guidance and consultancy services in their field of specialization to regional as well as national educational institutions and culture bureau;
- translate spoken Afaan Oromoo and written texts from source language to target language and vice versa
- conduct research on problems and issues pertaining to language and literature teaching
- Scrutinize, collect, and organize Oromo Literature.
- write letters, memos, reports, minutes, biographies, autobiography and varies things
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate Oromo prose fictions.
- write, edit, evaluate, act and direct verse and drama.
- participate on language planning and standardization process
- collect, write, edit and report news for broad cast and print media
- create good rapport between public and organizations.
- write and present varies imaginative work.
Teaching and learning method Teaching/Learning Methods and Mode of Delivery
the teaching methods used are basically student centred to enable students to acquire knowledge and to develop their language skills. Therefore, Group discussions, Different project works, Different individual and group assignments, Interactive lectures, Paperworks and ClassPresentations are used to deliver the content properly.
The Afaan Oromoo and Literature program will take four year duration (including freshman courses) to be completed at a regular program.
Students will be assessed both on continuous and final examination basis. The continuous assessment will be through portfolio writing, classroom presentation, tests, quiz, written assignments, speech delivery, etc.
The graduates must fulfill the following requirements:
- A cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.00.
- A major GPA of 2.00
- Completion of 112CrHr/ 182 ECTS of major area courses and 35 CrHr/ 61 ECTS of freshman courses which accounts the total of 147 CrHr /243 ECTS.
- No “F” grade.
- A senior essay write-up as a partial fulfillment for the requirement of BA degree.
Minimum „C‟ grade in senior essay(SRP) and CBTP
“Digrii Baachilarii Aartii Afaan Oromoo, Ogbarruufi Qunnamtiin”
“Bachelor of Arts Degree in Afaan Oromoo, and Literature
“የአርት ባችለር ድግሪ በአፋን ኦሮሞና ስነጽሑፍ
Academic quality is a way of describing how well the learning opportunities available to students to achieve their award. It is about making sure that appropriate and effective teaching, support, assessment and learning opportunities are provided for them. Thus, in addition to fulfilling relevant resources i.e. material and human, the department works with all stakeholders so that the best will be achieved out of the program. Specifically, the quality of the program will be assured through the following ways: