Objective of MA program
- To produce Afaan Oromoo Teachers for university, colleges, preparatory school and high schools
- To train Linguistics who solve problems related to standardization, planning and structure Of Afaan Oromoo
- To produce personnel who carry out research in the methodological and pedagogical
- Language experts how to use language in their respective field of specialization
- Teach train Afaan Oromoo Teachers and language experts to teach Afan Oromo in university, colleges preparatory and high school
- Train Afaan Oromo as a second language where there are other tribes whose Afan Oromo is not the language of mother tongue
- Prepare teaching materials and text book for elementary, preparatory and colleges
- Design syllabus for different levels
- .Give consultancy services to legal, health and educational institutions in regard with the some language related problems
- A total of 33 credit points
To be completed typically with in two years of full time study including research or the part time equivalent; and three years for weekend and four years for summers in service program
- Only be extended through the recommendations and approval of the department graduate committee
- In line with the graduation requirements of the school of graduate studies of Arsi university and School social science and Humanities department of Afaan Oromoo and literature in particular.
- Involves both course work and research. The course work includes small scale projects presentation of the results of the projects terms papers practical exercises, tests and examinations
- A minimum CGPA for 3.00 for course work and minimum grade of satisfactory for thesis work required for graduation
Students will be assessed both on continuous and final examination basis. The continuous assessment will be through portfolio writing, classroom presentation, tests, quiz, written assignments, speech delivery, etc
Master of Arts degree in Afaan Oromoo Language and Literature
Quality Assurance and program evaluation
Academic quality is a way of describing how well the learning opportunities available to students to achieve their award. It is about making sure that appropriate and effective teaching, support, assessment and learning opportunities are provided for them. Thus, in addition to fulfilling relevant resources i.e. material and human, the department works with all stakeholders so that the best will be achieved out of the program. Specifically, the quality of the program will be assured through the following ways:
- Assessments, mesurements and ivaluations will be done by course instructor(s) and exam committee of the department.
- Course syllabus evaluation at the end of each semester and year.
- Curriculum evaluation at the end of every four years.
- Creating opportunity for students for practical applications.
- Exit exam will be prepared centrally by professionals of the program from various universities in the country. (If national higher education policy directions intends )
- The curriculum will be revised through need assessment and also based on practical applation and philosophy of education